Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 13 Day 6: First Kettle Bell Workout!

Yesterday my wife convinced me to go to the pool again...don't get me wrong I love the pool! I don't like that there has to be annoying people there! Creepy guys checking out my wife and then the same creepy guys walking around naked in the change room!

Well she wanted to spend some time on the elliptical so I brought by copy of The 4-Hour Body and headed to the stretching dumbbell area on the second floor of the pool. I read over the section on kettle bells and started my workout.

I started with the 20 pound kettle bell like 4HB recommends. The first set of 25 was not that hard! I almost thought I should get a heaver kettle bell for the second set but decided not to. Good thing...the second set was harder I had to really push out the last 2 and started to lose my form for the last 4.

The third set was OK till about 15 and then it got fun! I started losing my form at about 17 and really had to concentrate for the rest. The last 5 were a real challenge and made me feel like I did a great workout.

Took me about 15 minutes from start to finish with about 3 minutes rest between sets.

I plan to do it again sometime half way through the week maybe Thursday if my legs feel up to it. My legs were like Jello after the workout! I had some fun getting down the stairs to the basement to see my wife. Then even more fun trying to get up the stairs!

Bottom line...I enjoyed the workout and will be trying to continue!

-Ian

2 comments:

  1. You should really say something about how much pain you are in today though...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the pain! Two days after the workout I could hardly walk!

    ReplyDelete