Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 10 Day 7: Fast Food Routine

So we get tired of cooking often because we both grew up in homes where take out or restaurant eating was normal. After I became and adult before I met my wife I normally had 2 meals per day the first was my junk food “dieing of hunger” meal about 2 to 4pm. My second meal of the day was around 8 to 10pm and it was a like 2 or 3 meals in one from the local Burger Baron.

Work days we have discovered that we can stay on plan eating our balanced meals and snacks. By the weekend we seem to be exhausted of cooking and prepping meals for the next day. This exhaustion and the erratic weekend schedules hunger sets in when we are out and all bets are off! It is so important to build a routine and stick to it when trying to lose weight.

You should also think about a backup plan. If you get off routine then you need something to get you back on plan. I have been doing very well against my cravings for chocolate almonds by having a chocolate smoothie now and again in place of a meal or snack.

I don't think my chocolate addiction is my main weakness any more. I can't stand to see my wife upset about being hungry or having cravings. I have a very hard time being strong and playing the tough or mean guy to say no to her. If I'm in the mood to cook it's not so bad but if I don't want to cook I give in and we go off plan. She has told me several times that she appreciates it when I'm strong when she is not but I still have problems. I'm going to work on this and see what happens.

We cheated twice this weekend and I gained 5 pounds...I'm so sad, mad but mostly ashamed. I don't every remember being skinny. Last time I was skinny I think I was in grade 1 so about 1984...what happened to that skinny little kid? I don't know how I got here. I don't really understand the events that created the fat kid that became the fat teen that became the fat adult. I have been trying to lose weight since I was a teen and it's taken me this long to figure it out but now I keep sabotaging my chances.

Me in 1983 or 1984, My first fish in Slave Lake.

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment