Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 5 Day 5: Damage Control

On Monday May 23 we had a cheat day as per page 100 of The 4-Hour Body (4HB). We did it because my wife has been volunteering down a the evacuee center for the Slave Lake fire and she has not been able to follow the program to a tee. Different companies where donating lunches to the volunteers so she had not control over what she ate because they were told they wouldn't have any space to store personal things like lunches. This change is daily routine was bothering her and in turn affecting me so we planned an organized preemptive strike!

The Damage Control chapter in 4HB is an important part of shocking the body out of routine to help spur further weight loss. The basics of it are take special supplements that day, then do special yet very simple exercises at certain times through the day and eat a couple of helpful foods during the day. The results were interesting.

I gained 4.4 lbs in that one day...is this bad? Did the cheat day rules not work?

I also LOST 0.5% body fat that day! What does this mean?

I gained weight but lost body fat so...I gained muscle! I would have to say it was a very successful cheat day even though after 5 days my body is still sore all over from the exercises we did that day.

But the real damage control I was speaking about in this posts title would be the next two days after our cheat day.

Even though on our cheat day we got very full and sick from the crap food we were eating we ended up cheating the next 2 evenings. I think we cheated these two other times because we still couldn't get back onto our regular routine the very next day. We were also foolish enough to cheat the second 2 times without following the 4HB rules of cheat days or cheat meals. This is where my problems were this week.

We needed to get right back on program as strict as ever!

Well it's been 1 full day since getting back on full program and I'm already almost back to my weight and body fat pre-cheat day. On Monday I will be getting measured again and I plan on getting the numbers from the weight loss clinic to share with you.

I think after 3 good days on program with weekend the results will be good.

-Ian

3 comments:

  1. I just looked at ur weigh ins! I'm crying now, seriously! U weigh less then I do! #$%%&$$@! I think I need to rethink my life! I may have to starve some children of carbs! Yes the junk is leaving the house and the take outs will stop! grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't starve them out change up the routine a bit! Make take outs one night a week or 1 night every 2 weeks. Keep a lot of low cal/carb snacks in the house like cucumber, sweet peppers & low carb protein powder to help balance quick smoothie meals. Smoothies can be a fast meal and seem like a treat for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Shay and I were in Edmonton yesterday on her field trip so I bot snacks! I got a banana and an Apple. Shay got those snack packs with cheese n meat n crackers. We got pringles to share! I ate maybe a few n decided to stop myself. So we gave them to Bryce wen we got home. He forgot them outside on the deck. This morning Tannis came running into the bedroom after a visit with nookum! She was all excited cos she found the pringles! I love it wen all she does is giggles! Bryce let her have them LOL! She ate two and she is good for the day. Ur right I can't take all the bad carbs away. I just have to curb myself. I know I can. I even ate a salad at mcdonalds!

    ReplyDelete