Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 2 - Day 6: Weekend Mayhem

So for the last two weeks we have had to develop a whole new daily routine. Adjustments had to be made to account for our new found cave man hunting and gathering life of shopping and cooking. I’m a big fan of routine and I hate change to my routine!

This brings us back to the weekend mayhem…weekends just are not working with our new routine! We like to sleep in so that puts breakfast at least 2 hours late so our snack is late or doesn’t happen because lunch needs to be made. Then you spend time out of the house shopping or driving around no place near a fridge of kitchen so afternoon snack is delayed.

This forces you to eat a snack with a meal which you shouldn’t do because you need the food intake at intervals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. So having no food kicks your body into starvation mode making the extra big meal that includes snacks to spike your glucose levels! This in turn spikes your insulin levels that are the cause of most cravings.

In short:
Change in my routine = cravings and/or binging!

Well, I would like to say even though we had a change in routine I did not get any cravings so binging didn’t happen. I think this has something to do with the great vitamins we’re taking that are part of the program we’re doing. They did say we would get energy in the second week.

The vitamins we’re taking are giving me more energy and the funny thing is I don’t think I really noticed when I gained the energy. I think it was a slow process over the last week or so.  We got a lot of stuff done today and I almost got my 5000 steps. I’m going to try harder to get some independent walking in when I can. That being said…I had the opportunity to take a walk on my lunch break…and…I didn’t. I think I have a mental block to exercise when I have free time. I think it must be my childhood of video games and movies then my teen years of Internet addiction stopping me from being active.
The 4-Hour Body




On a different note I bought a new book today called “The 4-Hour Body” by Timothy Ferriss. I’m going to read through it and try to add a few of the hints and tips he talks about to my routine. I’ll will you in with some tips now and again if I find something interesting.





Weight update:
Saturday May 7: 369 lbs

That’s a total loss of 22 lbs so far!

Have a great day,
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment