Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 7 Day 7: Demoralizing Success

I have lost just over 40 lbs but to me I barely notice. Yes my pants are getting a little baggy and I had to make new belt hole. Yes my shirts are fitting better. Looking in the mirror at my face...I still look the same. My co-workers have sad I look smaller especially in the face. Even so I feel a little demoralized because at this point I can't see the changes. I guess that must be what it's like to lose weight...everyone else notices but you can't.

We cheated 3 times in the last 2 weeks...it's not cravings it's not like we went out and bought a pile of chocolate bars and ice cream. We just went out to eat...we miss eating out! Cooking our own meals all the time is not normal for us. One the major reasons why I'm over weight is because out family eat out a lot and when I was single I eat out all the time. The cooking feels like a chore right now and I'm hoping like crazy that one day soon it will not fell like a chore.

I cost of not doing our cooking chore...I gain about 2 lbs every time we eat out even if we try to keep a balanced meal. I make sure I eat a large salad to start, drink 2 glasses of water with lemon at the meal and I get something lower in grains or carbs. I also try to do air squats 2 hours after to help my muscles absorb the calories.

On the up side we got a new Canon Rebel T3i digital camera! We've been thinking about this for along time and decided to just go get it! I will post some cool pics now and again here on the blog for you to check out.

We did try the Yoga DVD they give us as part of the program last week! The woman on it is very silly and made me fell stupid while trying to do these moves. I don't know if I'll do that DVD again I have a Yoga for Dummies DVD that I have not done in over a year so I may bring that back out.

Finally, I will be measuring my weight as a weekly average from now on. This will help make the stats page a little neater looking. Also, body weight can fluctuate a few pounds from day to day so this will help prevent single day gains from upsetting me. The 7 day averages with luck will show a 2-5 lbs loss each week. So I will be trying to update the stats page and a few others over the next week.

Have a great day,
-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment